Tuesday, January 18, 2011

90 days to better fitness Day 1.

Last week I made a post about my desires to become more fit this year. I listed my goals and I said what I was going to do to achieve those goals. I had originally posted that I would start on Wednesday, 12 January however, some things are easier said than done. My mind was not in the right place to begin on Wednesday. So I decided to put it off for Monday, 18 January (yesterday). I did two exercise sessions. The first one I did was Walk away the Pounds: Healthy Heart Walk by Leslie Sansone and it was a two mile walk. I did that exercise around 11am after my breakfast. I think it is a 30min workout. If you read that post I did I said that I would do a minimum of an hour a day. Anyways, the rest of the day I lounged around and I made no effort to exercise anymore. I was feeling discouraged and I was prepared to procrastinate the rest of my day away. By 10pm the A&E show Heavy came on and I got a renewed sense of motivation from Jodi.

Jodi wasn't the participant that worked through her pain, she nagged about it. At first she did not push herself enough she was ready to give up at the first sign of discomfort. I was so annoyed with her. I was literally talking to the screen saying what is wrong with you? The workout didn't seem that difficult! Don't you want to lose the weight???? Then I paused literally and I got a reality check and I said to myself "Look who's talking!" I feel like I am like Jodi. I talk about wanting to lose the weight but I don't (didn't) work hard enough. I was happy with doing the bare minimum and seeing minimum result. I convinced myself that it was ok to not lose any weight at least you didn't gain. Then when I did gain I said well at least you didn't gain it all back. What type of ish is that????? Really.

So once the show was over (11pm) I started Walk Away the pounds 4mile walk Super Charged. I hadn't reached the first mile yet and I was ready to quit! But I pushed through and I told myself to at least make it to a mile. So she announced that we had reached the one mile mark and I still wanted to quit but I told myself let's get to 2 miles and then to 3 and you know what happened? I finished. For the first time I was able to get to the 4mile mark. (60mins) My legs were burning and I was sweating gallons but I felt amazing. I felt amazing because I didn't let myself give up. I didn't baby myself and I didn't let myself give up! I have to say that again I didn't let myself GIVE UP!

Day 1 is over with, and I know I am going to have a lot of struggles for the next 89days but I am committed to this and I am not giving up. I will be reevaluating my goals though. I want to focus on one thing at a time. I do not want to get overwhelmed. I also realize that I cannot be confined to just one workout program. I have to mix it up and change trainers because I get bored with routine. I will do a report tomorrow (or maybe later tonight) on how today's workout went.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome Shannie! Continue to make this same decision everyday and before you know it you will be well on your way to reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Shannie! So proud of you for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Shannie, don't worry I am here for you the next 889 days, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four miles, that is great! I predict you will become very addicted to that sweaty, burning feeling! ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete