Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Untitled...(MIni Rant)

I feel like I am always complaining about food. If I am not eating too much, I am eating too little. Is this what I am reduced to? Am I destined to live my life over concerned with calories counting and food tracking and finding ways to avoid ice cream, and eat enough fibre and make it second nature to do this? Really?, Truly? Is this what my life is reduced to? Hmmmmmmmmm I guess this is what I signed on for, or was it? I envy the persons that have the ability to plan their food in advance and make healthy food choices, while I struggle with forcing myself to eat something so I don't cause my hair to fall out or turn brown because I lack nutrition. Am I overreacting? Maybe... Does it matter? Yes it does because I am on a journey to be healthy more than I am to lose weight. Assuming they both go hand in hand if I live to be healthy eventually I will lose the weight. I think I need to reassess my goals before I turn into what I used to be. Someone starving and afraid to eat because I may gain a pound or two. I feel like I am trapped between a rock and a hard place because on one hand I know determination helps me to achieve my goals, while on the other hand I know that obsession can lead me to a state of mind I thought I left in my teens... Life have a way of throwing double edge swords my way, but regardless if I focus on health and not weight loss I will be able to stay focus and fight off the vices that are trying to take control....  At least this is what I am hoping... I guess only time will tell

4 comments:

  1. It is so hard to separate the desire to lose weight with being healthy. They go hand in hand in so many ways. But it is easy to become obsessed about it. With so many blogs we read, the first thing people say is: 'I lost X amount of pounds' not, 'I feel so healthy today!' It is in our nature to want the weight to come off first - the healthy benefits seem to be considered more of a good side-effect.
    The fact that you realize how important HEALTH is to you means you're already one step ahead of many. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. It is really easy to become obsessed with weight loss and when we don't see the fast results we get frustrated and end up giving up and sometimes we gain more weight then when we started out. I want my journey to be about eating healthy and living healthy because that is something I can do for the rest of my life. Thanks for commenting. I was curious what other would think of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right about concentrating on health. I know a lot of people who are thin but aren't healthy and a lot of people who seem overweight but live a really healthy lifestyle. If we all took more time to learn and look after our own bodies then maybe it will be more beneficial in the long run. Sometimes people focus so much on loosing weight and ignore the signs when our bodies are screaming out for help.

    Good luck! Your post was great! :)

    ReplyDelete