Saturday, October 9, 2010

Diet Pills? Really???

For some reason I think diet pills are the devil... Well ok maybe that is extreme but I think it is never a good idea to take them (unless of course it is prescribed by a doctor and he or she will be monitoring your health.) I am sub'd to two persons on youtube who are on weight loss journeys and they are now taking diet pills they got for free to try out... I think that is wrong on so many levels, but before I get to that I should mention that they both gave disclaimers that they are not professionals and that they aren't telling anyone to buy the pills even though  they do provide links to where the pills can be purchased. (If your not promoting the pills you shouldn't give a link! thats just my opinion) Another thing is they both gave reviews praising the pills after taking it  for 2weeks. One even said she was an "expert" on the pills and any questions the viewers have she is sure she would be able to answer because she has been taking it for a while now. (Apparently 2 weeks is a while)

Although it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there is something wrong with this picture, I will give my main concerns anyways. 

1. As far as I can tell based on the bottle and the label it doesn't seem like it was from a reliable company. It was in a regular beige pill bottle with a label that looked like it was printed from a computer.

2. It takes longer than 2 weeks to know if you have any side effects from a product. 

3. Even if you give a disclaimer there may be kids watching, some adults have problems making smart decisions so judge kids... I think they shouldn't have provided a link to the seller, I think interested persons should search for themselves where they could get the pills. 

I know they both want to lose weigh, I do too but I just think that no one should risk their health to lose weight....

No comments:

Post a Comment