Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Tracking and Caloriecount.about.com

On Sunday I decided that it would be a good idea to write down everything I ate which I did, but I found that it made me think about food more and I was eating more than I normally did. Breakfast started off well because I ate oatmeal. Although oatmeal is healthy for most for me its not because I like A LOT of salt on my oatmeal. Honestly I probably put 2 tablespoons of salt in about 2 cups of oatmeal. That is not healthy at all! But that day I made sure that I didn't add too much salt so it was good to me.  For lunch I ate mixed vegetables (about 2 cups of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.) and 2 chicken wings and after that I just went buck wild! I was eating ice cream and cookies and everything I knew that wasn't good for me to eat. I had 3 more chicken wings and chocolate pudding and I really think it is because I was writing down what I ate. I felt so out of control. I am like a child when it comes to restrictions, limitations and being told what to do. Once I made up my mind that I would track my eating my inner rebellious self took over! So I have to take a different approach because I am determined to get this right. 

As a result of my overeating on Sunday Monday I decided not to track me eating, (i didn't consciously restrict myself) and I did a lot better there was no overeating even though I didn't always make the best choices. Yesterday was a stressful day for me, (I had two presentations and an exam on that day) and I didn't eat that much I had an apple for breakfast and I  didn't eat again until after my 9oclock class (late i know), Even though it was late and I wasn't hungry I decided to eat something because I don't want my metabolism to be compromised because I wasn't eating enough. Today I am trying something new to track me eating. I am using the website Calorie Count to track my eating now.

I love the website. I have had an account with them for a while but I have never been consistent with using it to track my journey back to "slimville".  (I have an account with spark people as well but I prefer calorie count ) I put in my current weight and how much I want to weigh by January and they told me how much calories I should eat a day and how much calories I should burn in order to achieve my goals. One thing i love about the site is that it uses a letter grading system to let you know how well you are doing. So far I have only added my breakfast and I have a B+. (i had a egg wrap for breakfast.) Another thing I like is that they have a food analysis that tells you for example how much sodium was in your food, and it tell you what you what nutrients you are lacking. If you are like me and you have problems monitoring your eating maybe you should try using that site too. So far I like it but the only way it will work is if I stay consistent. I hope everyone else is doing great. I am about to go catch up on my blog readings then I am going to exercise and eat some lunch. I think I may just make a salad with some tuna. 

Bye for Now
Shantell

No comments:

Post a Comment