Friday, October 15, 2010

15 in 15 Challenge Update

We are at the third weigh in for the 15 in 15 challenge. I went on the scale last night (and also this morning) and my weight was 209 I was soooooooo excited because I lost 2lbs this week, despite eating 2 slices of pizza and despite eating a huge bowl of ice cream. I did some some things differently this week though. 

  1. 1. I drink a lot more water than I normally did. I went on a website and found out how much water I had to drink in a day. According to the website I should drink 112oz of water a day( that is based on my weight, countries climate (HOT) and my activity level, I only met that goal once but on average I drank at least 64oz of water this week. (which was still more than I normally drink)
  2. I started taking green tea extract. I don't know if it is only in my mind but it gave me a lot of energy through that day. I am guess it is from the caffeine found in green tea. I may stop because I have been feeling nervous and jittery this week too. It would be one of two things either my thyroid levels have elevated and I am in the hyper range or the it is from the caffeine levels in the tea. I think it is the first because I was feeling nervous before I started taking the green tea supplements. 
  3. I did the Turbo Jam workouts a lot this week. I think I did about 10+ hours of exercise this week compared to the ~7 hours I normally do.
  4. For the last two days I have stuck to a 1300 calorie intake. Which I track through caloriecount.about.com
My Goals for next week are:

  1. I will continue to work on my water intake.
  2. I will continue to eat 1300 calories and track it through the website. I already talked about why I like the website in another post. However I have to say it again. I love the food analysis portion of the tracking. In the last two days I noticed that my vitamin (and fibre) intake was too low so I have started taking multivitamins (last night I started) until I can figure out the right food combination that gives me the right amount of vitamins I need that is still within my 1300 calorie intake. (Note to self if you stop wasting it on junk food you will be able to do that... Note back to self MYOB (mind your own business))
  3. I will continue to push myself through exercise. I can't believe I said I hated Turbo Jam. I love the workout because it is a great cardio workout. My heart is beating, I am sweating and I am finding energy I didn't know I had. I have even grown to like Charlene. Yes I said it! 
  4. I am going to be adding more fibre to my diet by drinking Metamucil. I probably should talk to my doctor first because I do take synthroid but I am going to make sure that I don't take my thyroid meds close to when I drink the fibre drink. I was thinking about buying fiber one bars but they are kind of expensive here and I have to check how much sugar is in it before I buy it. 

4 comments:

  1. awesome goals! as far as the fiber goes, why not just eat beans? i love beans. pinto beans, black beans, lentils, those are faves. of course, not everyone loves them the way i do :)
    keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks liz! thanks also for the suggestion on beans. I don't hate beans per say I just have no idea how to eat them without putting it in rice. I am going to figure out how I can eat more beans

    ReplyDelete