Every now and again I like to do a post on things that I have learned on my weight loss journey. It's been a while since I have done that so I thought I would do it today.
- Losing weight takes patience and determination: Whenever I get impatient I stop doing what is working for me because it's taking too long. Then I end up trying to take a shortcut by eating too few calories and I end up gaining. I have to stick to my plan if I want to get to my goal. I have to be patient if I want to get to my goal. I had to stick to what works for as long as it is working if I want to get to my goal.
- I have to Eat Breakfast even when I don't feel like it: Skipping breakfast always ends bad for me. I get way to hungry in the afternoon and I end up eating the wrong things because they are more convenient.
- Exercising is more fun when I don't complain about it while I am doing it: It also ends quicker when I have a good attitude about it.
- Sleep is important: Sleep is IMPORTANT ( I had to say that again) Whenever I don't get enough sleep I am cranky as I don't know what and I do not have enough energy to workout. There are many other benefits to sleeping that I could mention but I think that fact that I am in a better mood when I get to sleep is enough right now.
- I am losing weight (want to lose weight) because it's good for my health: I have been using my weight as a comfort zone. I felt more noticed when I was slimmer. People NOTICED when I was gaining weight. People NOTICED that I had big boobs, People NOTICED that I was "pretty", all of which I do not have a problem with now that I am bigger. I have to remember that I can have a more fulfilled life if I am healthy
- Loving myself is important: No one is going to want this for me more than I want it for myself. When it comes to losing weight it is me against the world right now. Of course I appreciate the support I get from everyone but if I don't support myself I am not going to do it...
Thanks for reading :D