Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st! New Personal Challenge.

November is my favorite month. I love November because I am a November baby :D My birthday is on the 25th and I am going to be 27 years OLD! (My fiancés birthday is also in November) I am so excited! I remember when I used to fear getting older, now I see it as a blessing. So many people whine about how bad their life is and they focus on the negative so much that they don't see the positive things that they have accomplished. I am determined not to be one of those persons. I appreciate life along with the good and the bad that comes along with being alive. But this is not what this post is about so I moving right  along...

This post is actually about exercise and my new challenge. I have not been exercising as much as I should. Last week I only exercised once I did a two mile walk. I was trying to do the Leslie Sansone 4 mile walk but I stopped after 2miles. I didn't stop because I was too tired to continue, I stopped because I didn't feel like working out. Lately I have been unmotivated to exercise. I am not going to make excuses so I am going straight to the solution. I have decided to do another 30 day exercise challenge. It will end the first Sunday in December, I choose to run it a week longer because I want to take progress pictures and I don't want to take the picture until next week because this week Tom is visiting. 

Terms of the Challenge

1. Exercise for a minimum of an hour a everyday except on Rest Days. On Rest Days I will only exercise for 30mins. There will be two rest days a week. 
2. Drink at least 64oz of water everyday. Even though I have not exercised as I should, I have still manage to lose weight. I think that is because I have been doing well with drinking water and I am staying on track with eating 1300 calories a day.
3. Make a blog post reflecting my how my exercise went and whether I met my requirements. I need accountability. Posting about my progress forces me to be accountable for my actions. 
4. Take measurements. I will do measurements next week, I need to get a measuring tape. Sometimes we get discourages because we arent losing weight at the rate me want it to go, taking measurement is a great way to track progress. I think seeing the inches I have lost will help me to stay motivated. At the end of my 37 days I will do updates on my measures. 
5. Eat between 1400 and 1500 calories a day. I have noticed that I do better with my weight loss if I eat between 1400-1500 calories a day if I am exercising a lot. Anything less than that and I only maintain my weight. On rest days I will eat between 1200 and 1300 calories. I think that is sufficient because I lead a non active life style at the moment and since I am only exercising for 30mins on Rest Days I there is no need for the extra calories.
6. Evaluate my progress once a week. At the end of each week I will do an evaluation on how I am doing in terms of weight loss and eating. Then I will make changes to my challenge if needed.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey at least you walked2 miles it could have been worse you could have walked 0 miles. All the best with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks! sounds like something I would say...lol

    ReplyDelete