Sunday, March 13, 2011

OMG How did you lost weight (insert shocked face)

Last week I went to visit my aunt and there was just total shock on her face. Her mouth literally dropped open and she looked like she was about to have a heart attack or something cause she hold her chest and said in this high pitched voice.. OMG YOU LOST WEIGHT!... So I am standing there not knowing whether I should be flattered that she noticed or annoyed that she made it out to be such a big deal. I mean it's not like I lost 100lbs or something. I honestly didn't know what to say so I just said "Yea, I guess I did lose a bit of weight" ...lol I haven't talked to any of my family members about the fact that I am losing weight. I make it into a big deal when I am writing my blog but in real life losing weight is a priority but I don't announce it to the world. I simply make the changes that I need to make and then I go on with my life.

Now she is constantly asking me what I did. And I have pretty much only been exercising. I haven't changed my diet in a drastic way.(until last week anyways) I cut back on eating junk food, I only drink water,( no juices no sodas if I want a change I drink unsweetened tea)  I limit the amount of white/wheat flour that I eat. I mostly opt for whole wheat. I still eat fast food from time to time but I only get the kids meal or kiddie burger with no fries. But my biggest change has been incorporating more exercise into my lifestyle. I really enjoy exercising for long hours. So far it has been working out well for me.

My question to you is how do you feel about people noticing that you have lost weight? Especially when you haven't reached your goal yet. Is it a boost to your confidence or do you wish they didn't notice?

2 comments:

  1. For me, it's definitely a boost. I don't weigh myself and don't measure myself, so I have no way of knowing where I'm losing or if I'm losing weight except through visual (which is twisted sometimes). So when people point it out to me, it tells me that the stuff is working well enough for the physical results to show. I'm always very glad they notice. It's when they don't that I wonder if anything has changed at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elle, I know it's not a foreign concept to not use any tools to measure your weight loss, I have done it before but right now I can't do that. I guess it's because i have a specific goal that I want to be at in a certain amount of time. But do you and thanks for replying :D

    ReplyDelete