Thursday, May 24, 2012

Who Knew...

...that it would be so hard to start blogging again? I didn't have any intentions on staying away as long as I did but for some reason I couldn't get back into it again. Life got in the way and dieting and getting healthy took a backseat. I am not going to say that I am back because I have said that one too many times already. But I am going to say thanks to everyone who was concerned about me and who remembered me even in my times of absence.

My weight sucks right now. I have no idea how much I weigh (my scale is broken) but I am sure its either in the high 190s or the low 200s. I have been eating loads of junk foods lately and I haven't been exercising so its expected.

My plan moving forward.

I am going to water fast. I did a 3.5 day water fast in March and I felt really good after the fast. My body wasn't  feeling right and I didn't have a visit from TOM in about 6months but after I water fast everything worked itself out so now  I am a believer in the healing proprieties of water fasting. I have not decided how long I will water fast for I know that it will be for a minimum of 4 days and a maximum of 30 days. I would like to make it to 30 days but I think a more realistic goal for me is a max 10 days. But we shall see ...

To help me get back into blogging and get back on track with my weight loss I am going to document my experience with water fasting this time around. I do not intend to monitor my weight while fasting because I think that it was too much of a distraction the last time that I did it. I also do not intend to monitor my weight because weight loss during fasting is not accurate so whats the point? But I am saying that this will help me get back on track because I am using fasting to gain spiritual, emotional and physical healing before I go full force into working out again.

My dos and don'ts while fasting...

I drink water, I do not over drink water. One of the best things about fasting is that you are giving your body a break from having to digest food so that it can make repairs and heal itself. If I drink water excessively the only thing I will be doing is giving my kidneys more work to do. Seems a bit pointless to me. I drink when I feel like it I do not have a water limit.

I do not do enemas or flushing or anything like that. I have grown to expect a bit of constipation during fasting but that always goes away once I start eating again so I do not sweat it I let my body do what it wants to do.

I do not do strenuous exercising.

Finally before I end this post I want to say I am not an advocate for fasting. If you are against fasting or you find it pointless don't do it. If you have diabetes and you think you are interested in trying it you should consult your doctor and if you haven't done it before you should talk to your doctor first. I am fasting because I feel sluggish and I feel bloated and fasting made me feel less sluggish and a lot less bloated the last time around. I am fasting because I want to do it.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best and I look forward to reading about your fast and I amd sure that this will be the springboard for getting you back in the groove of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MissHaneefa that is what I am hoping :)

    ReplyDelete