Friday, May 25, 2012

Water Fasting Day....

Bet you thought I was going to do a disappearing act again right??? Hey???? You did I know you did...lol *justforlaughs*

Oh one thing before I start my post. I didn't stop blogging because I fell off the wagon or was doing horrible. I know that is often the case. I was actually doing pretty good when I stopped blogging. I fell off because I stopped blogging. Then it was harder for me to get back into blogging because I had nothing to report on. I didn't want to come on here and talk about what I wanted to do, I wanted to come on here and talk about what I was doing.  I tried a few times to pick myself up on my own but I realize now that I needed that support that I got from you, my fellow bloggers and I just needed somewhere to vent because apparently I am an emotional eater and when things are eating at me I eat.... (<----- You probably can't tell but I am still a bit in denial about that.) Anyways I want to talk you again for sticking in there with me and for your continued support as I start this journey all over again... 

Now, How did water fasting go????

Yesterday I started off good. I was motivated, and I was sure I was going to be able to complete Day 1. I was saying no to all the food offers and temptations that came my way. I work in a bakery right now so all I have is temptations.  I had my mantra in my mind and I was chanting " I will not die if I do not eat today" I must have said that about 50 times then all of a sudden my mind betrayed me and my mantra became " I want to eat today! I will not die if I eat today..." I was like what the what??? Now usually this wouldn't be such a bad thing. I want to fast yes but I have nothing against eating, but at that point I work in a Bakery and I wanted cake... Sigh  Needless to say I gave into the temptation and now my day 1 starts today. I am more confident that I will be able to make it past Day 1 today. I hope that helps this time. Yesterday I ate at 6pm so 7pm will be the end of my first day. Wish me luck please... I will probably make another post today when temptation starts to kick in.... 

Thanks for reading, I really and truly appreciate you all and I missed you I am very happy to be back :D

Side note: recently this reporter called Nellie Day wrote this very crappy and insulting article about the types of homes Bahamians live in. It is obvious that she has never been here. I think it would be interesting for you to read it. I couldn't find the original post because it was taken down but someone else posted what she wrote because he/she responded to it and that's the link that I will post. If you are interested read it and let me know what you think. I laughed about it. 



2 comments:

  1. Good Luck!

    The language she used in the article was completely demeaning. I have never been to the Bahamas, but I am sure that it is like Trinidad you have a spectrum of living accommodations. I don;t care what she says I would love to go to the Bahamas any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you ever decide to visit you have a free tour guide. I will make sure that I leave my horse and carriage at home. Maybe you can help me sell trinkets on the beach though...lol

    ReplyDelete