Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Water Fast Day 3

2:35pm

The temptation is increasing again. Have you noticed that I always get tempted around the same time of day? Today my mother made boiled vegetables, BBQ chicken and potato salad which is one of my favourite meals and so my desire to break the fast is immense. So much so that I have decide to eat some food at 7:00pm the official end of my day 3. I have a whole host of reasons why I want to give up. But the biggest factor is I am tired of being tempted by food. Everywhere I turn I see food. I work around pastries and because I am the only one fasting in the house I see food all the time. Last night my nephew decided to eat his Wendy's in my room and I had to resist stealing his nuggets. I have at this point come to the conclusion that this is not the right time for me to be doing this. I am grateful for the three days that I am going to complete. Now moving forward I have to come up with a plan of action.

This post is two days old. I didn't post it when I was supposed to post it. Since I wrote those words I have decided to start a new fast. This time it will be from now to until Sunday. I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew thinking that I could do a 30 day fast. I am ambitious if nothing else. However I think my fear of commitment won over my determination to finish something. In the main  time. I have to decide what exercise program I will do, and how I will eat going forward. Even as I type this I am battling myself. One part of me doesn't want to give up on something else that I planned to accomplish. But another part of me is saying that this isn't the right time for it and I am only torturing myself. When 7pm comes then I will know what voice I will choose to side with. I have to set a new set of goals for myself and work super hard to achieve it.... My next post is going to contradict some of the things I posted here but it is what it is....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I guess you have to try a few things before you can find what works for you. At least you are still trying and you have not given up. All the best for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannie, I just wanted you to know that I've been reading and am SO glad that you're back. I miss you always, when you're gone.
    I'm having surgery early next week so I won't be posting for a while but will be reading as soon as I can. Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about you nor given up on you. I'll always be here to cheer you on :) BIG hugs XO

    ReplyDelete