Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 1 of Water Fasting

This is an account of my Day 1 of fasting. Day one was tough. Yesterday I wrote that how I felt during specific times of the day when the cravings were really bad and when I really wanted to give up.


I have about 6 hours to make it through my first 24 hours of the fast and I swear this ish is a lot harder than I remember it being the last time I did this. Like what the heck???? I want something to eat so badly that I am daydreaming about food. The constant smell of cake is seriously doing a number on my will power. I think I make go and look at pictures of cooked dog meat (sorry dog lovers) or something to take my mind off of eating. So to report other than the constant nagging feeling I have to eat something I am still good. 


I have managed to stay on track and ignore the craving. Did I say this is harder than I remember? It really doesn't help to be surrounded by cakes and ice cream and everything tempting. I leave this place at 6pm. I am still daydreaming about eating cake every time I serve a customer but so far I am resisting temptation.

Remainder of the day:

I was able to ignore the cravings and I made it through my first day of water fasting. I must say that I fought myself ALL DAY. There were times when I thought that it was pointless and I doubted my intentions and I wanted to give up. There were times when I almost did. Right now I feel like what I am doing is hellava (really) ridiculous. And for that reason alone I intended to go for 30days. (<------ I must be insane). I am committing myself to a 30 day water fast. I want to do it because I believe that I will find great spiritual growth and I think that need to prove to myself that I can finish something despite how difficult it may be. So let the count down begin.

A little more than 1 Day down  a little less than 29 more to go.

Status Update:

Mood: My mood sucks. I am not in a good mood at all. I am constantly smelling food and it makes me want food. Thankfully, Monday is a holiday here and I am off on Sunday so I will spend those two days relaxing, mediating and I will be saying a whole lot of prayers to get through these next 30 days. I feel a little less bloated. I have good levels of energy. Last night I went to bed at 8:30pm. Usually I don't go to sleep until 11pm. I am guess that because I went to bed so early I got up four times last night. I noticed that my mouth has a little extra saliva today and my teeth are sensitive. And of course I have a bad taste in my mouth. I hope my breathe don't I am going to have to ask my husband to do breathe check.

How are you all doing today? I am wishing you great success and a wonderful day...

Sincerely Shanny

No comments:

Post a Comment